Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Don't Ever Buy A Timeshare!

Where the fuck did I go wrong?

Can someone please explain to me why my Vegas timeshare won't sell?

I got a call today from one of the agencies that I "hired" to sell my timeshare. The offer that they made to me was insulting! It was basically less than half of what we paid for our timeshare. It was also the first offer that we have received for our property since signing up with this company back in April. They've got until October 6 to sell it or I get my money back. I hope they sell it for both of our sakes!

Being a person who likes to travel under my own terms, I'm not quite sure why I bought into the idea of having a company control where and when I vacation. That mentality kinda goes against everything I stand for. But when you sign your life on that dotted line, they have got you!

So my advice people; don't buy a timeshare. Keep your money in a savings account or something and spend it on vacation when and where you want to. If, God forbid, you ever wanted to sell your property, you have a whole host of ravenous, blood-sucking agencies out there that would love to take your money and give you absolutely nothing in return. Trust me.

1 comment:

Roxy said...

We just lost about $1,500 with Interval Consulting so if you learn of anything we can do about that please let me know! Will we be stuck with these increasing maintenece and exchange fees forever? This was working out great 15 years ago!

Desitute in Florida!