Monday, May 18, 2009

A Weekend of Decadence.

It's Monday morning. I'm still not right. My head is feeling like the brunt of a prize fight.

There are many rarities in life. One of them is having perfect sunny weather at the Oregon Coast. Another is getting to hang with a crowd of folks that are so cool, you don't want to throttle anybody by the end of the weekend. You don't want to retreat to another part of the house to avoid Mr or Mrs Annoying. Nope. Not this weekend my peeps!

Our good friends, Jodi and Dennis, invited us to celebrate their 15 year anniversary with them at a house on the coast that they rented. This house on the coast. What views! What food! What happened to my firm stance on the non-consumption of red meat and swine?

For those who don't know much about the Oregon Coast, it can be a real fickle, stubborn bitch. That's right, I said it! Having the planets align to get weather that doesn't resemble the likes of that that really bad fishing movie with Clooney and Markey Mark in it is next to impossible. So how did we luck out? I'll tell you why: we brought the positivity with us.

I believe in higher powers. Karma. Kismet. Whatever you want to call it. I know that we were blessed this last weekend. Wifey and I got to meet some really cool people and spend a relaxing weekend with no worries. No worrying about how many leads you have to follow up on....no worries about how many trade show booths one could be selling. The only thing we had to worry about was the inevitable blowing of the keg!

I am grateful to have spent a weekend making memories. Regardless of the speeding ticket i got on the way there, it was still worth it!

Now do I call my insurance guy and report it or not?

No comments: