Monday, May 11, 2009

Wishing I was a Paid Comedian!


Mitch Hedberg says, "every picture of you is a picture of you when you were younger!" Talk about a genius dying too soon.

However, it was the way that Mitch delivered his quote that really hit the nail on the head. The guy got paid to tell facts and make them sound like they were jokes.

Was it his delivery? Was it his material? I don't know, but the man was and is incessantly funny. Flavorful and full of vigor. Pithy, terse and succinct. Very rarely do they come around like this guy.

We all have dreams at some point in our lives. Some wet with passion, others dry with death. But like Mitch Hedberg said, we're not getting any younger with each picture we collect. That's why I'd love to be a comedian. Yeah I know...everyone thinks they have the skills to do what the next guy can. It's called competition. If we didn't have competition, well, then I guess we'd all be like the guys in the Joe Walsh song, Ordinary Average Guys.

Mitch was a pro. Although I'd love to make people laugh, it would be a tough road.

I'll continue to make myself laugh I guess, and keep up work on the trade show displays Web site. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

2 comments:

Margottina said...

Mitch is missed.....

Guess I'll have to settle for a dream dinner with Amy Sedaris, Conan O'Brian, Dave Chapelle, and David Sedaris. I'd include Paul Mooney, but something tells me he'd decline.

thatrichguy said...

Paul Mooney is awesome! You should see the outtakes to the "Ask a Black Man" segments from Chappelle's show! Pure folly!